This is a very usefull software that makes daily journaling easier by automatically tracking and assigning entries to dates. And I dont know anything that suites this specific function so easily while being simple and quick to start So I really appreciate it. I want to give this a good rating but as of now there is some polish and maybe additional features I'd like to see first. And I dont know if I can change my rating after I give one. as of now I would give this 4/5. Partially because right now I dont know anything as well designed as this for this specific purpose. Obsidian has great features and customization but set up is genuinely daunting. And I think with time this journal could strike the perfect balance. (also props for being visually appealing)
Bug I noticed: sometimes the format pop up behaves strangely and I click through it rather than the buttons themselves. When this happens I have to click the bottom 1/4th of the button in order to get it to work. This only occurs when the window starts running out of space towards the bottom of the screen.
Feature Suggestions (if planning to develop this further)
- Hotkey config
- Custom font choice for accessibility. You could make it uploadedable but having the OpenDyslexic font family built in would also be GREATLY appreciated. (I have Dyslexia)
- Multiple calendar views you can switch between, previewing a whole year, a month, or a week.
- option to show the day number on the boxes, on-hover, or both as options.
- Option to preview entry on hover
- Checkboxes, maybe counters too. (counters might be redundant)